Also called the National Labor Gateway, Taqat is one of Saudi Arabia’s touted employment support programs. This joint initiative was launched by the Ministry of Labor and Social Development (MLSD), the Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF), and the Ministry of Civil Service. The vision behind the launch of the e-platform was to create a comprehensive e-platform wherein job seekers are facilitated with a wide range of employment opportunities and services.
This platform makes a significant contribution to bridging the gap between employers and employees while ensuring that workers from the private as well as the public sectors enjoy the same benefits. Furthermore, the launch of Taqat has given way to a more streamlined, organized way of operation of the Saudi labor market.
A brief introduction about Taqat
Taqat was launched as part of the Vision 2030 initiative, casting much-needed focus onto the labor market and employment opportunities available in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). This e-portal not only focuses on providing a seamless experience for the exchange of information and applications but also ensures that every member signing up for the portal gets fair opportunities.
Taqat Saudi Arabia offers several benefits to its users, staying true to its vision of nurturing a fast-growing and intensive labor market in the KSA region. Some of the benefits that this e-platform offers to its users are as follows:
- Employment support services: Users can apply for the myriad of internships and training jobs posted on the portal to get the prerequisite experience for a sound career in the future during the course of their study.
- Saned: Users can enroll for the unemployment insurance called “Saned”, through the Taqat portal, allowing them to secure their future in case they go through a bout of unemployment.
- Access to job-related services: With this e-portal, users can get access to a large directory of vacancies across the KSA region. Furthermore, job seekers can avail facilities such as employment guidance, CV development, advanced training courses for professional skills, and other such services to help them become more relevant in the Saudi labor market.
- Information center: The portal also serves as an information center, providing its users with detailed information about anything and everything concerning the job market.
- Recruitment assistance: Through the portal, users can avail themselves of a range of services that can help them prepare for interviews and simultaneously overcome any redundant recruitment challenges.
Services offered by the Taqat portal
Taqat offers a wide range of services, catering to the needs of job seekers as well as employers. In fact, there are very many ways through which companies can benefit from Taqat. The National Labor Gateway offers a long list of services, some of which are mentioned below.
- CV Management: In a day and age where the first impression of a job seeker is laid out on a printed piece of paper, CV management is one of the most sought-after services offered by the portal. Under this, users can avail of various services such as creating and updating the CV, printing the CV through the portal, verification of employers’ data by MLSD, and other such services.
- Customer Service Management: Taqat Saudi Arabia has a well-structured customer service process available on its online portal. Users can not only make appeals and create tickets but also make suggestions for improving the service and submit inquiries. Furthermore, the portal also allows you to connect with the Contact Center via calls.
- Registration Mechanisms: Through this service, government entities, employers as well as job seekers can register on the portal. Also, users gain access to information verified by the National Information Center (for job seekers) and MLSD (for employers).
- Job Posts Management: Using this service, users can create, publish, or search for job postings. Furthermore, if an employer comes across a job seeker’s application that is ideal for the role, he/she can directly contact the candidate through the portal. Job seekers can also create a “wish list” for the jobs they want to apply for.
- In April 2020, at the onset of the Covid 19 pandemic, the Human Resources Development Fund (Hadaf) encouraged job seekers, business owners, and researchers to register themselves with Taqat. The move was made as an initiative to stabilize the labor market while combating the challenges that the pandemic may present in the future.
- In November 2020, the government of Saudi Arabia called upon Saudi nationals to register with the National Labor Gateway. This was done in a bid to empower business entities in the KSA region and help them gain stability in the uncertain times of Covid 19.
- In another recent development, the Human Resources Development Fund (Hadaf) of Saudi Arabia announced that as many as 51,000 Saudi nationals from the private sector registered for the employment subsidy initiative.
The implementation of Taqat has brought about various changes in recruitment services across the KSA region and has also helped uphold the principle of Saudization. From offering recruitment related services to helping users access training courses and material for upskilling, Taqat Saudi Arabia is the torchbearer of the efforts of the Ministry of Labor and Social Development towards achieving a stable Saudi job market.
In case of any queries related to information in our blogs or other insights, feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org