Getting a visit visa for Saudi Arabia – Proven explains how
In the second edition of our Inform Series, we begin with setting a business up in Saudi Arabia. Over the next few weeks we will take you through the main processes required to take your business into the Kingdom. This post will cover how to get your Commercial Visit Visa for your early visits to the Kingdom. For the other posts in the series, see the full list here.
Why export to Saudi Arabia?
Saudi Arabia is rapidly becoming a lucrative place to do business, the Saudi government is looking to diversify its economy away from oil and making it easier for international companies to enter the market. It also has the largest economy in the GCC which continues to grow strongly. All of these combined mean that more and more companies are exporting into Saudi Arabia as their Middle Eastern country of choice.
What is a Commercial Visit Visa?
Commercial visas are issued to; managers, consultants, assistants, project managers, representatives of companies and sales, marketing and HR personnel. The visa is only valid for commercial visits, negotiations, investment talks, meetings, sales pitches, etc. Commercial visitors are not allowed to work on any task that involves paid work. Commercial visas can be multiple or single entry and can be applied for 30, 60, 90 and 180 days.
Getting a Commercial Visit Visa
Nationals of all countries need a visa to enter Saudi Arabia except for nationals of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, and United Arab Emirates. If you wish to visit the country for business purposes, then you will need a letter of invitation from a company already based in Saudi Arabia and having been approved by the Chamber of Commerce in Saudi Arabia. This is something that Proven can assist you with should you require.
You will also need the following documents;
- Your passport must be valid for more than six months beyond post entry date and have two blank pages opposite each other.
- Saudi visa application form, Proven can provide this for you if required.
- Two recent colour photographs taken against a white background and printed on high quality photo paper.
- An online visa application Proven can complete this for you.
- A letter of invitation from the Saudi Arabia Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or the Saudi Chamber of Commerce.
- A support letter from your company that is addressed to the Embassy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia of your country of residence. It must also be an original document and have the company’s full address and phone number, and your job title as it appears on your visa.
- Female applicants must be at the age of 30 or over to become eligible for a visit visa. The process takes slightly longer and is usually pre-approved by Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
For more information on costs, if you require medical insurance or need a different type of visa, please contact one of our specialists on +966 11 411 1127 or email@example.com.